2023 – 2024 FADEAWAY HOOPS TOURNAMENT RULES
The National High-School Federation Rules and Regulations will apply to all tournament games, except where superseded below. Fadeaway Hoops Tournaments are grade-based tournaments.
All Games are played as follows:
· Players can only play for one team per division (Grade). Once a player plays in a game for one team, they will no longer be eligible to participate for any other team in the division (Grade) for the tournament. However, players can play in multiple divisions (Grade)
· Games with two stopped clock halves. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade: 12-minute Halves. 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade: 14-minute Halves. 9th thru 12th Grade (High School Divisions): 16-minute Halves.
· Timeouts (1) 30 sec & (1) 60 sec per half, NO carry-over. (1) 30 secs in OT, NO carryover.
· Fouls (6 per player) (10 team fouls are 1 & 1) (13 team fouls are a double bonus, two shots)
· Warm-up: 4 minutes / Halftime: 3 minutes / 1st Overtime: 2 minutes. 2nd Overtime will be sudden death; the first team to score at least two points will be declared the winner.
· 20 Point Lead – 20 points or more clock runs until the lead is 15 points or less.
· The game will end with 2 Minutes or less remaining if either team has a 20-point lead.
· All Forfeits are a 15-0 win.
· The maximum points for a win or loss are 15 points
· Pressing: 1st & 2nd Grade girls and 1st Grade Boys can press up to a 15-point lead. Any lead over 15 points, you are only allowed to play half-court defenses. All other Grades (divisions) can press up to a 20-point lead. Any lead over 20 points, you are only allowed to play half-court defenses.
· 1st, 2nd Grade Girls, and 1st Grade Boys can shoot close free throws. All other divisions will shoot from the regular free throw line.
· Coaches must be at least 21 years of age. Each team can only have two coaches and a manager on the bench.
Center Court Clock Table
· The clock keeper and bookkeeper are only at this table.
· NO Spectators are allowed at this table.
· Fadeaway Hoops will supply a clock and bookkeeper.
· No additional books or personnel at this table.
· There is no checking of books by non-participants during the game.
Tie Breaker: (In This Order)
1) Head To Head: If two teams are tied, head-to-head between the two teams determines the winner.
2) Point Differential: Total margin a team won or loss if two teams do not go head to head or if two or more teams have the same record in the same pool, with +/-15 points being the maximum allowed.
3) Allowed: The sum of final scores by the team's opponent in all games. Participants with a lower number are placed higher in the standings.
4) Scored: The sum of final scores by the team in all games. Participants with a higher number are placed higher in the standings.
+/- 15 - Maximum differential is set at 15. if a team wins by more than 15 points the point differential is still 15. If a Forfeit occurs this value will be used.
The protest fee will be $100 CASH. No credit cards are accepted. Coaches can only protest a player on the opposing team before the start of the game. If a protest occurs, the coach must notify the protest's official. The official will then get the site director to verify the documents needed. To verify a player's eligibility coaches must have a copy of the player's birth certificate and grade verification-No Exceptions. If this information is unavailable, the player in question will not be eligible to participate for the remainder of the event until the site director provides and verifies the paperwork.
Coaches, players, parents, and those attending events must be good sports and conduct themselves appropriately. We will not tolerate Swearing & lousy language. Site Directors have the option to remove anyone from the tournament. Any coach, player, or spectator ejected from a game will have to sit out the following team's game.
The OK Fadeaway Hoops app will provide everything needed for the team, players, parents, media, fans, and college coaches throughout each event. By downloading the app, you will be able to team search, view schedules, view pool standings, view brackets, receive game notifications, venue directions, team rosters (if offered), live results and box scores (if offered), view documents, view messages, event contact information, view event sponsors and purchase admission online.