2022 – 2023 FADEAWAY HOOPS TOURNAMENT RULES
The National High-School Federation Rules and Regulations will apply to all tournament games, except where superseded below. Fadeaway Hoops Tournaments are grade-based tournaments.
All Games are played as follows:
- Players can only play for one team per division (Grade). Once a player plays in a game for one team, they will no longer be eligible to participate for any other team in the division (Grade) for the tournament. However, players can play in multiple divisions (Grade)
- Games with two stopped clock halves. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade: 12-minute Halves. 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade: 14-minute Halves. 9th thru 12th Grade (High School Divisions): 16-minute Halves.
- Timeouts (1) 30 sec & (1) 60 sec per half, NO carry-over. (1) 30 secs in OT, NO carryover.
- Fouls (6 per player) (10 team fouls are 1 & 1) (13 team fouls are a double bonus, two shots)
- Warm-up: 4 minutes / Halftime: 3 minutes / 1st Overtime: 2 minutes. 2nd Overtime will be sudden death; the first team to score at least two points will be declared the winner.
- 20 Point Lead – 20 points or more clock runs until the lead is 15 or less.
- All Forfeits are a 15-0 win.
- The maximum points for a win or loss are 15 points
- Pressing: 1st & 2nd Grade girls and 1st Grade Boys can press up to a 15-point lead. Any lead over 15 points, you are only allowed to play half-court defenses. All other Grades (divisions) can press up to a 20-point lead. Any lead over 20 points, you are only allowed to play half-court defenses.
- 1st, 2nd Grade Girls, and 1st Grade Boys can shoot close free throws. All other divisions will shoot from the regular free throw line.
- Coaches must be at least 18 years of age. Each team can only have two coaches and a manager on the bench.
- Each team is allowed two coaches in the event. All Coaches must always have their event wristbands designated for OK Fadeaway Hoops events to enter an event and sit on the bench. Game officials will remove coaches who do not comply with this rule from the bench. (There will be a $20 fee to replace a coach's credential.)
- Coaches, bookkeepers, and team players can only sit on their designated team bench.
- Each team must bring its warm-up balls.
- Officials will choose which game ball to play with from the team's warm-up balls.
- Ball Sizes: Boys – 1st Grade 27.5, 2nd – 6th Grade 28.5, 7th – High School Grades 29.5 (Men's). Girls – 1st – 2nd Grade 27.5, 3rd – High School Grades 28.5
- Home Team is listed on the top of the pool and bracket schedule, sits on the left bench next to the scores table, and wears a light-colored uniform.
- The visitor team is listed on the bottom of the pool and bracket schedule, sits on the right side of the scores table, and wears a dark uniform.
- A coach or player assesses 1st technical foul. There is no penalty other than the technical foul.
- For the 2nd and following technical fouls, the player or coach does not participate in the remainder of that game. The player or coach must leave the building once the 2nd technical is called and remain outside the building until the game is complete.
- Teams are allowed 10 minutes before a forfeit.
- If any team is knowingly unable to make their scheduled game, you must notify the Tournament Director in advance.
- Athletes must be on the roster in pool play games to participate in bracket games. If an Athlete is NOT on the roster in pool play, they will NOT be able to join in bracket games.
- Each team must have a copy of each player's birth certificate and grade verification. If a player is protested and the team does not have the correct verification paperwork, that player will not participate until verified by the tournament director or site director.
- ONLY 2 warm-up basketballs are allowed per team.
- No players are shooting on other courts in between games or during the stoppage of other games.
Center Court Clock Table:
- The clock keeper and bookkeeper are only at this table.
- NO Spectators are allowed at this table.
- Fadeaway Hoops will supply a clock and bookkeeper.
- No additional books or personnel at this table.
- There is no checking of books by non-participants during the game.
- If two teams are tied, head-to-head between the two teams determines the winner.
- A point differential will be applied if two teams do not go head to head, with 15 points being the maximum allowed.
- If more than two teams have the same win/loss record in the same pool, the tiebreaker will go in the sum of the point differential, the highest number placing first, the second-highest placing second, and so on.
- Defensive Point System: If 2-3 teams are remained tied after the above tiebreakers, the team with the lowest total points allowed will advance. The remaining teams will revert to & start at tiebreaker.
The protest fee will be $100 CASH. No credit cards are accepted. Coaches can only protest a player on the opposing team before the start of the game. If a protest occurs, the coach must notify the protest's official. The official will then get the site director to verify the documents needed. To verify a player's eligibility coaches must have a copy of the player's birth certificate and grade verification-No Exceptions. If this information is unavailable, the player in question will not be eligible to participate for the remainder of the event until the site director provides and verifies the paperwork.
Coaches, players, parents, and those attending events must be good sports and conduct themselves appropriately. We will not tolerate Swearing & lousy language. Site Directors have the option to remove anyone from the tournament. Any coach, player, or spectator ejected from a game will have to sit out the following team's game.