2019 – 2020 OK Fadeaway Hoops Tournament Rules
The National High-School Federation Rules and Regulations will apply to all tournament games, except where superseded below. OK Fadeaway Hoops Tournaments are grade based tournaments.
All Games will be played as follows:
· Players will only be allowed to play for one team per division (Grade). Once a player plays in a game for one team, he will no longer be eligible to participate for any other team in the division (Grade) for the tournament. Players can play in more than one division but cannot play down a grade.
· All Divisions will play 12 to 16 min. Stopped Clock Halves. 1st, 2nd ,3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade: 12-minute Halves. 6th 7th, and 8th Grade: 14-minute Halves. 9th thru 12th Grade (High School Divisions): 16-minute Halves.
· Timeouts (1) 30 sec & (1) 60 sec per half, NO carry over. (1) 30 secs in OT, NO carry over. • Fouls (5 per player) (10 team fouls are 1 & 1) (13 team fouls are double bonus, 2 shots)
· • Warm-up: 4 minutes / Halftime: 3 minutes / 1st Overtime: 2 minutes • 2nd Overtime will be sudden death, the first team to score at least two points will be declared the winner.
· 20 Point Lead – 20 points or more clock runs until lead is 15 or less.
· All Forfeits are a 15-0 win.
· Maximum points for a win or loss is 15 points
· Pressing: 1st & 2nd Grade girls, and 1st Grade Boys can press up to a 15-point lead. Any lead over 15 points you are only allowed to play half court defenses. All other Grades (divisions) can press up to a 20-point lead. Any lead over 20 points you are only allowed to play half court defenses.
· 1st, 2nd Grade Girls, and 1st Grade Boys can shoot close free throws. All other division will shoot from the regular free throw line.
· Each team is allowed 2 coaches in the event. All Coaches are always required to have their event wristbands designated for OK Fadeaway Hoops events with them to enter event and sit on bench. Coaches that are not in compliance with this rule will be removed from the bench by game officials. (There will be a $20 fee to replace a coach’s credential.)
· Coaches, bookkeeper, and team players are only allowed to sit on their designated team bench.
· Each team must bring their own warm-up balls.
· Officials will choose which game ball to play with from the teams warm up balls.
· Ball Sizes: Boys – 1st Grade 27.5, 2nd – 6th Grade 28.5, 7th – High School Grades 29.5 (Men’s)
Girls – 1st – 2nd Grade 27.5, 3rd – High School Grades 28.5
· Home Team is listed on the top of the pool and bracket schedule, sits on the left bench next to the scores table, and wears light color uniform.
· Visitor team is listed on the bottom of the pool and bracket schedule, sits on the right bench next to the scores table and wears dark color uniform.
· 1st technical foul assessed to a coach or player there is no penalty other than the technical foul.
· For the 2nd and following technical fouls, the player or coach does not participate in the remainder of that game. The player or coach must leave the building once the 2nd technical is called and remain outside the building until the game is complete.
· Teams are allowed 10 minutes before a forfeit.
· If any team that is knowingly unable to make their scheduled game, you must notify the Tournament Director in advance.
· Players must be part of the schedule the first day of the event to play in bracket games.
· Each team is required to have a copy of each players birth certificate and grade verification. If a player is protested and the team does not have the correct verification paperwork that player will not be able to participate until verified by the tournament director or site director available.
Center Court Clock Table:
· The clock keeper and bookkeeper only at this table.
· NO Spectators are allowed at this table.
· Clock and bookkeeper will be supplied by OK Fadeaway Hoops.
· No additional books or personnel at this table.
· There is no checking of book by non- participants during the game.
· If 2 teams are tied, head to head between the 2 teams determines winner.
· If the 2 teams did not go head to head, then point differential will be used with 15 points being the maximum allowed.
· More than 2 teams tied, teams are then ranked according to the sum of the point differential, highest number placing first, the second highest placing second and so on.
· Defensive Point System- If 2-3 teams are remained tied after the above tiebreakers, the team with the lowest total points allowed will advance. The remaining teams will revert to & start at tiebreaker.
· Protest fee will be $100 CASH. No credit cards accepted. Coaches can only protest a player on the opposing team before the start of the game. If a protest is taken place the coach must notify the official of the protest. The official will than get the site director to verify documents needed. To verify a player’s eligibility coaches must have a copy of the players birth certificate and a form of grade verification-No Exceptions. If this information is not available, the player in question will not be eligible to participate for the remainder of the event until the paperwork is provided and verified by the site director.
· Coaches, players, parents and those attending event must be good sports and have proper conduct. Swearing & bad language will not be tolerated. Site Directors have the option to remove anyone from the tournament.